Monday, January 31, 2011

The Place Where I Want To Be



I, Amity Rodrigo, am having a rich life in the city. It is kind of boring with loads of luxury and working late, on school homework, instead of having fun with our family. I don’t like this kind of busy life in a big city. I like to stay in a village like mine. It’s called Virapandianpatnam. In short, it is called Patnam.


I love my village because it’s not like other villages. It’s unique. Over there, we might have thousands of adventures a day. I go to the shop alone to get things for my grandmother and other people. I help others in that place. It’s a small village. So, I know every corner of this beautiful village. I walk everywhere all alone. I walk to church and many other places. We swim in the beach at least twice a week. We play with no trouble from morning till night. We play “Bingo”, otherwise called as “Tombollah”, in Tamil, from night till dawn. I got lots and lots of money by winning in these games.


In this place, Christmas Celebration is the best part of the year. It is joyful in that period because many other kids and I perform on the church-stage. All the people in this village are related to me somehow. When I walk through the village, everyone says, ‘Hi’, to me and we chat for a while. My grandmother has a huge house in that place. It is actually like a farm-house because it has different kinds of animals and birds. At the back of the house they plan different kinds of fruits and vegetables.


At the church, my other grandmother plays the organ, for the choir and even I go, with her to hear her play and her choir sing. I go there because sometimes I get to press buttons on the organ, and I am interested in music.

I would love to live there. I would call that place ‘THE VILLAGE OF JOY’ or ‘THE VILLAGE OF LIFE’. I would have a golden and peaceful life there.

12 comments:

  1. Amity,
    Congratulations!! Welcome to the world of blogging. I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amity !!

    Congratulations indeed ! Welcome to the world of blogging with such a remarkably composed post that can take you places !

    WEll DONE !!

    We are all proud of you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amity:

    This is a great start, and since I had visited your place, I can very well feel every line you posted!!

    If there is a chance, I will surely like to join the BIG good crowd over there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amity,
    It is a very early realization. Normally, people go around the world, commit themselves to busy schedules, earn and at the end realize that they have already lost the prime time of their life. That’s when they think of going to village and enjoy the nature and live peacefully. You have that feeling very early maybe because you have seen the best parts of the world at this tender age.
    I still suggest you to take one more round of the world and make all possible positive-changes you can before settling down in your beautiful village. Mean while you can keep in touch with your village, observe the changes happen there.
    It is a good start and I wish you add some pages to appreciate the goodness you found in the other places of your visit or stay.
    God bless you.
    Uncle Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Amity!. Keep it up.

    -Ruskin, Janu, Richael and Jerrel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew uncle
    Thank u for Ur long inspiring comment.I'd love to go around the world and enjoy.Thank u so much.
    Amity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uncle Kavi
    Thanks for your motivating comment.
    Amity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aunty Malini
    Thank you for your comment.It is wonderful that you could feel the dream of mine.Tell Nayantha to read it!
    Amity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Ruskin Mama,Janu athai,Richael and Jerrel
    I already feel tired!Simply!I loved your comment.
    Amity

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Amity,

    Happy to see your blog. Congrats its well written and well presented, keep it up, we are proud of you. Happy blogging and look forward to your blogs.

    Felcy, Kumu, Vanessa and Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Amity,
    marumagle really i´m Proud of you Dear.read it many times.Awesome.
    wishing you all the best,
    Rolinda athai.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Rolinda athai
    Glad you read it so many times
    Amity

    ReplyDelete