Monday, May 16, 2011

My thoughts and memories of my fairy Great Grand Mother



Elizabeth Pooti Ammai is very old. She is 93 years old and she is still active. Sometimes we put out the keyboard for her and she just starts playing a tune. She goes on walking around the house even when is told not to walk. Once, I remember that she came all the way from India to America to visit us! In America, we went to a bakery, one day, and while we were waiting I started playing with her arms. I also told her that her arm was like a swing because it was hanging like a swing and it was moving side to side as I pushed it. Another incident was when I came to India from America for a visit. I went to Pooti Ammai’s house to keep her company and I also fed her something. I don’t remember what it was, but I can think of only three things: Blueberries, Grapes and Raisins. After putting one in her mouth I had to caress her throat to help her swallow. 

Now, I am in Oman and I can visit India only twice a year. Anyway, every time I go to India I make sure I spend a lot of time with her. She does forget many people but she never forgets me, my brother and a few of my cousins. She has been the music teacher of my family for about 60 years starting with my Grandmother then my father, my aunts and now us!  And, I would also like to say that I am glad to have her as my Great Grand Mother.

2 comments:

  1. These are priceless moments. Treasure it for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual,you have wowed me Amity. I am happy to be the first one to send a comment. I will also write a blog like yours. Hope you like.


    From,
    Nikkilikki

    (Confused,right?)

    ReplyDelete